Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hotmail silently blocked my Amazon giftcard

I received an Amazon giftcard this year for my birthday. Actually, I didn't receive it. Let me explain.

I have a old hotmail account I give out if I suspect someone is going to give out my address (sometimes I just use mailinator). My mother-in-law was trying to be courteous since she didn't know if Amazon would give out my address so she sent the gift card to my hotmail account. When I logged in I noticed it wasn't in my inbox nor my spam folder. Forty-eight hours later it still hadn't arrived. I emailed Amazon and they told me the gift card could be reissued so we logged in and resent the card to my primary account. The email showed up instantly.

If hotmail really is cutting their own throat I hope the knife is sharp.

No comments:

Tags

my google reader feed